LetHostTalk
Which VPS hosting to choose? — LetsHostTalk - Web Hosting Forum
HostNamaste.com

Which VPS hosting to choose?

Hello everybody.
Advise vds hosting. I have never used this before, I had experience using shared hosting. I just want to raise a test web site, go the way from a bare virtual machine to the deployment of a working project on my own. What are the pitfalls? For a really average project, which hosting is preferable, domestic or is it better to choose a foreign one, taking into account current trends in legislation?
Any info on Kvchosting.net and Hostnamaste.com VPS hosting?
What hosting provider would you rather choose? Why?

Comments

• When i moved on Hostnamaste.com OpenVZ VPS hosting account, I said to myself that this should be the last host i'll be on..I'm right, i really liked all things about this decent web hosting provider.. no downtime.

• mariavasonskaya93mariavasonskaya93 Member, Provider
    If you're looking to try a VDS (virtual private server) or VPS right away, then hostpro.com might be a good option. You already have experience with shared hosting, and with that said, you should know that VDS can be a bit more complicated to set up, but it gives you more control and resources for your project.

As for the pitfalls, here are a few things you should consider:
    1. Technical experience: Before using a VDS or VPS, make sure you have basic knowledge of server administration and security. You may have to work with the command line.
    2. Resources: Check the amount of CPU, RAM, and disk space provided by the service and make sure it is enough for your project.
    3. Backups: Make regular backups of your server to avoid data loss. If the hosting provider has the ability to create backups on their end, it makes life easier.
    4. Terms of use: Check out the hosting provider's usage policy, as some activities may be restricted (e.g., sending spam or using resources for misuse).

As for the choice of domestic or foreign hosting, it depends on your specific situation and the requirements of your project. Given the current trends in legislation, it is important to note that you must be prepared to comply with local data processing and security regulations and requirements.

In terms of specific hosting providers, Kvchosting.net and Hostnamaste.com are two of the many choices. Before making a decision, you should conduct a thorough analysis of their plans, prices, resources they offer, and user reviews. Also pay attention to the quality of customer support, as this can be important when problems arise.
  • So far so good. I have been dealing with Hostnamaste.com OpenVZ VPS for over seven months and fully-satisfied. The tools provided are great. Pricing is reasonable. The technical guys are very helpful, professional and courteous.