LetHostTalk
bad config or no config ? — LetsHostTalk - Web Hosting Forum
HostNamaste.com

bad config or no config ?

aLinuxaLinux Member, Provider
hey all
i have a server at home with static public ip (router with port forwarding 80,443 and 53 for dns in case i need it) running hestiacp
i added 3 domains to hestiacp (with no dns support)
example.com , example2.com and example3.com
so i begin installing phpbb on example.com. all went okay (got some mysql errors but went fine anyway)
i had example2.com running for a month with wordpress using ip redirect from hosting that i have for A zone.
yesterday on my registrar i added custom name server “ns1/2.example.com” with my public server ip

so i changed to all 3 domains ns1 and ns2.example.com and they started working fine. some odd loading pages(slow) but it worked.
now i tried and all of them are down. if i ping the server ip it responds back with 20ms.
sometime example.com works with very slow first load… like 10 seconds for the first page to load. and the rest of the domains example2 and 3 are not working anymore.
accessing hestiacp from ip works perfectly fine.(admin pannel)
today none of the domains work.
can someone please tell me what did i do wrong and what to do ?
i just want my domains to be hosted home

Comments

• EchoFableEchoFable Member, Provider
    hello

hope you resoved your problem
    if not, there can a lot of causes
    first go to hestia settings, and check if all services are running
    including apache, nginx, mariadb or mysql
    last instance it would be a server restart
  • GreenhostGreenhost Member, Provider
    It sounds like there may be issues with the DNS configuration for your domains. Make sure that the nameservers you set up (ns1/2.example.com) are properly configured in your server's DNS settings and that the domains are pointing to the correct IP address. You may also want to check if there are any firewall rules blocking incoming traffic to your server. Additionally, check the server's logs for any errors that could indicate what the problem might be. If you continue to have trouble, consider reaching out to your registrar or server provider for further assistance.

█ [GreenHost.Cloud | Reliable & eco-friendly Web Hosting Solution]

█ [Cloud  > Website Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Website Builder | Email Hosting]

█ [One tree per customer]